II. Add Fields
After you create the form and set basic information for it (Part I), you see a page that lets you add fields and other form components by entering or selecting information from a list:
1. For each component you want to add enter or select the appropriate information:
- Name: This is required and can be any text. You'll enter labels and other text for the component separately.
- Type: The kind of field or other component you want to add.
- Textfield: A single-line input box for text (the default choice).
- Textarea: A multi-line text box.
- Date: Displays drop-down lists to choose month, day, and year.
- E-mail: For e-mail address; you can choose to have an authenticated user's address filled in automatically.
- File: Displays an input field and button for uploading a file.
- Hidden: Adds a field that the user will not see.
- Select options: Displays radio buttons, checkboxes, or a list box depending on the settings you choose.
- Time: Displays drop-down lists to choose hour and minute.
- Fieldset: Lets you group fields together in a box.
- Grid: Creates a grid of option buttons with labels on the top and side; useful, for example, if you want to present a set of questions.
- Markup: Arbitrary HTML; note that the Input Format setting for the component determines which HTML tags you can use.
- Page Break: Inserts a page break and Next Page button.
2. Click Add
You see the component configuration page for the type of field or component you chose. Section III in these instructions explains how to configure fields and other components.