Observe the following guidelines when making a minor edit to a page, that is, an edit that does not result in a significantly different document. If your edits are substantial enough that it becomes desirable to keep the old version for archival purposes, see here.
· Title: if changing the title of your document, please note that it may affect the sorting order of automatically-generated categories on the site.
· Vocabularies: As these vocabulary terms affect where the page will appear in the general area of the site (i.e., in the tabs at the top of each page), do not change terms selected.
· It is highly advisable to retain the same input method (e.g. WYSIWIG, Full HTML) used to create the original page. If changing input methods is required, for example to enter a table or use special formatting, be aware that other formatting on the page may be corrupted and proofread the document accordingly.
· Edit the date at the bottom of the document accordingly, using/retaining the format “Last updated: [Month Day, Year]” (If “Last modified” appears, leave as-is).
· URL path settings: changes to URLs of existing pages are not recommended, as they may potentially cause links to break elsewhere on the site.
· Preview: click this to preview the fully-rendered version of your revised page before saving. This can be done as many times as desired.
· When done, click Save. Your revised page will display.
· As an added quality check, log out of the site and make sure the document displays properly, that all links work, etc.