Acquired through the Doris H. Linder Fund and the Prothro Fund.
This collection documents in compelling detail the social and cultural forces that shaped the everyday lives of Americans from 1800 to 1920.
- Fully-searchable access to 75 rare periodicals ranging from Echoes of the South (Florida) and the Household Magazine (North Carolina) to Lucifer the Lightbearer (Chicago), The Heathen Woman's Friend (Boston) and Women's Work (Georgia).
- A rich collection of rare pamphlets.
- A full run of Town Topics from the New York Public Library, 1887-1923.
- Hundreds of monographs illuminating all aspects of family life all of which have been screened against Gerritsen, Shaw-Shoemaker, and other relevant projects to avoid needless duplication.
- Insightful contextual essays by leading scholars that will help to point students at valuable resources.
- Strong coverage of prescriptive literature and manuals for domestic management telling us much about the organisation of the home.