- "Did-you-mean?" suggestions are based on our own indexes rather than an external dictionary, and words are suggested only if they will return more results than the original word.
- Previous/Next links on the item detail page let you browse the result set one at a time without returning to the result list.
- Relevancy ranking is improved: exact matches are ranked before stemmed matches.
- Search breadcrumb shows the structure of your search and lets you remove elements without starting over.
- Field-level searching for vernacular scripts works.
- Diacritics sort correctly in search results.
- Results can be sorted by publication date. (And other sort options are implicitly sub-sorted by date.)
- All locations that have the item are shown on the results page, not just the first one.
- much faster performance
- values with diacritics work
- "accordion" facets reduce the visual overload of links
- publication year facet limits items by a range of years, then by specific year.
- Subject headings on the item detail page are correctly concatenated.
- Formerly missing MARC tags (e.g. 590) are displayed.
- Paging links are provided for SAL materials (currently the links go to the associated Socrates record to select the form; this will be made direct in a future release)
We've made some corrections and improvements
Thu, 07/23/2009 - 12:15