We've done a lot of work here in response to feedback from the Stanford community and usability testing conducted here and at University of Virginia.
- The complete bibliographic record is displayed in one page, no longer broken up into tabs. This means that all the information the searcher needs to make a decision about the current item is displayed on one page—no additional clicks required.
- The columnar display accommodates very long holding records and very long MARC records while maintaining consistent locations for key information.
- Subject headings are pulled out into the left column, to highlight their use in finding related materials.
- Availability information is displayed more concisely and organized in a way that will allow us to refine the display and behavior by location.
- The "Google Preview" button opens the viewer in a lightbox on top of the detail page.
We will continue to test and refine this display based on usability testing and feedback.