We've replaced the core of SearchWorks with a new, better engine. This was done partly to give us a better foundation for future development, but there are some changes you'll notice right away.
- Tag cloud of libraries and collections on the home page - let us know what you think!
- Focus/refine options in the left column can be opened and closed with a click.
- A search breadcrumb helps you build and modify your search.
- Relevance ranking is better.
- "Did you mean" suggestions are based on our own indexes (so they never give 0 results).
- All locations and call numbers for an item are shown on the search results page.
- The item detail page has a new layout, with all information about the item available on a single page.
- You can go directly to the next item in the results list on the item detail page, using the Previous/Next links.
- The "send to…" options have been collapsed into a popup so we can add more options without crowding the page.
If you are used to opening title links in a new tab - the keyboard shortcut for that action is not working in all browsers right now, but the right-click menu option does work.
For more about the work we've been doing, see the most recent entries in the project blog.