Still more comments
Fri, 02/13/2009 - 10:46
More people are using SearchWorks now, and we're getting some very useful feedback. Thanks, and keep it coming!
- Is there a way to mark and mail/text a series of results? I can see how you can do the whole search or individual records but not a selected number.
- It's important to have the ability to select individual records from a search result and then be able to print, mail, etc. the selected list, not just item by item.
- Texts should include the call number. I would text myself the information so I could find it in the stacks, but just having the name is more or less usless--I might as well use paper if I have to use a piece of paper to write down the call number anyway. [Note: Texts do include the call number, but on some phones that portion of the message is truncated. We'll find a way around this.]
- It will be important to have a BROWSE function in searchworks, as relevance is a nice feature but doesn't always work well with common titles, like zeitschrift, etc.
- The NEARBY ITEMS ON SHELF feature is one of the most important to Stanford researchers using Socrates. This is especially important when they are looking for just the right volume to page from SAL-3.
- It would be useful to have a request page link for items at SAL and SAL3 right under the access tab instead of having to use findit@stanford...requires two extra clicks.
- Thank you! I haven't had time to play around too much, but it is MUCH IMPROVED from the former jenson.stanford.edu search. Thank you!
- The faceted searching is nice but if I want to limit my results via my search query, I cannot because there is no "advanced" search like with Socrates. It is not explicit if I can use the search box to search for only items in a particular library; I will have to enter my search term and then wait for the results to appear before being able to refine the search by clicking on the links that appear to the left of the results.
- It should be possible to request the next item in the results list without needing to go back to the results list.