We've made scores of changes to SearchWorks based on your reports and requests during the past two weeks. The most visible ones include:
- The search box has been made longer.
- The Search Subjects option is available again.
- The search selections breadcrumb appears on the item detail page as well as on the search results page.
- Search results can be sorted by date from new to old, or from old to new.
- Links to full text and related e-resources on the item detail page are displayed with their correct descriptions and notes. (Full-text links on the search results page still show only the URL; this will be addressed in a later update.)
- We are no longer displaying the complete container list in the search results for Special Collections materials.
- Many (!) MARC tags for local subject, provenance, and serials continuation links have been added, relocated, and/or relabeled according to requests.
We'll continue to address issues and make enhancements over the coming weeks, in addition to turning our development efforts to introducing better browsing to the new application.