Several new features have been released to the production instance of SearchWorks today.
- Export to RefWorks: Available from the full record view - you’ll be prompted to login to RefWorks (if you haven’t already), then SearchWorks will pass the complete bibliographic record (MARC) to RefWorks for upload.
- Text this: You can now send information about any individual record to an SMS-capable device through the following carriers: Virgin Mobile, AT&T, Verizon Wireless, Sprint/Nextel, T-Mobile, Alltel Wireless, and Cricket Wireless. You’ll receive Title, Location, and Call Number information in the text message along with a link to the record.
- Search in… You can now limit your search to these specific fields: Title, Author, Subject, or ISBN.
- Everything: Searches everything in the bibliographic record, including notes, tables of contents, and other information that is not included in fielded searches. This option will get the largest search result.
- Title: Searches the main title of the work, as well as series titles, and titles of works contained within another title (e.g. musical works on a CD).
[Title Proper, Uniform Titles, Series Title, Title Added Entries, and Title Linking Entries]
- Author: Searches for personal author names – e.g. “John Steinbeck”. (Corporate and meeting names search options will be added later.)
[Main Author - Personal Name and Added Entry Authors - Personal Name]
- Subject: Searches subject headings, including names and titles as subjects.
[Personal, Corporate, and Meeting Name subjects, Uniform Title subjects, Topic, Genre, Geographic Region, and Era]
- ISBN: Search by a work’s standard book number. (ISSN searches will be added later.)
- Relevance-sorted results are now sub-sorted by publication date (in descending order, with recent items first).