SearchWorks has recently been updated with the following changes:
- Bug fixed: Removing certain facets from a search caused an error.
- Bug fixed: A search containing a semi-colon caused an error.
- Bug fixed: Book citations are now saved as books in Zotero, not as web pages.
- Search results for facets selected from the home page (with no search term entered) are now sorted by title.
- Sorting search results by author now also sorts each author's works by title.
We've also included some changes to the treatment of online resource links, in response to discussions in yesterday's RISC meeting:
- In the results list: If there is more than one "online access" link for a resource, we provide the first link (so the user can click directly from the results view) and indicate how many additional links are available in the record view.
- In the record view: for each online resource, we display the link text provided in the MARC record plus the host portion of the URL - e.g. "Sciences (Access restricted to Stanford community) via search.ebscohost.com" - to help users distinguish when multiple vendors provide access to the same content.
- All links to online resources, including SFX, now open in a new browser window.
Please and let us know what you think of these changes.