The fall issue of Speaking of Computers is here! Along with many new and interesting library e-resources, it covers a variety of campus-wide topics:
- Changes to the StanfordCardPlan program, a pre-paid expense plan that enables students, faculty, and staff to use their Stanford ID card as a debit card to purchase some goods and services on campus.
- An enhanced My Workspace in CourseWork, Stanford's learning management system.
- Many e-resources from the Stanford Libraries, including: John Adams and Thomas Jefferson Papers online, new French and Italian e-resources, music databases and sheet music online, better access for business databases, drama copyright renewals online, new digital government information, sustainable energy e-books, and a new Web version of ICSD.
- New features for Google Books, including an easy way to embed a preview of a book on your Web site, and a better search within each book.
- Training and support, as well as equipment and software offered by the Academic Technology Lab for faculty, instructors, and TAs interested in using multimedia to improve teaching and research.
- An expansion of HighWire Press' program for books and reference works.
- Fall Technology Training classes, including Drupal and IT professional development classes, and lynda.com, a new online training resource available to Stanford faculty, staff, and students.
- More Web tools for the Stanford community, including WebAFS, Collaboration Tools Installer, and the Stanford Web Forms Service.
- Expanded Stanford access to online tech books via Books 24x7 and Safari Books Online.
- And much more!
Speaking of Computers is published at the beginning of Fall, Winter, and Spring Quarters by SULAIR Publications. Please send any questions or feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org.