The Stanford University Libraries’ new website will become our official homepage early in the week on August 27.
The new website is built on some of the most up-to-date technology and is carefully designed to efficiently help our patrons find and use SUL's vast network of resources. To ensure a successful launch and rollout, it is important for all Stanford Libraries' staff to know the following:
- As of the week of August 27, the URL “library.stanford.edu” will point to the new site.
- All of the URLs on the new site will switch from the format of “librarypreview.stanford.edu/whatever” to “library.stanford.edu/whatever”.
- All SUL staff will be expected to use the new site--especially in orientations, instruction, reference, and other public services activities.
- Relevant pages on the current/old library site will redirect to the appropriate page on the new site (e.g., Hours & Locations from the old site will redirect to Hours & Locations on the new site).
- Content on the current/old site that will not be migrated to the new site by August 27 but will remain available at its current location, but with a new URL of www-sul.stanford.edu.
- Content on the lib.stanford.edu environment will not be migrated to the new site by August 27 and will likewise remain available, but with no URL change.
- Where relevant, there will be links on the new site to content on www-sul.stanford.edu and on lib.stanford.edu until that content can be recreated in the new site.
- Ultimately, we hope to have all critical content recreated or migrated to the new website by Fall of 2013, so that we can retire both the old website and the lib.stanford.edu environment in favor of one consolidated library web environment.
Developing the new website and its infrastructure is a huge undertaking, and we are excited to reach this milestone in the project. A successful launch depends on us all. Please continue to follow the developments and Library Website Redesign Blog over the next several weeks and send your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org.
AUL for Public Services