New Chem/ChemE Faculty Articles
- Profiling of Autoantibodies in IgA Nephropathy, an Integrative Antibiomics Approach
- The importance of surface morphology in controlling the selectivity of polycrystalline copper for CO(2) electroreduction
- Solar hydrogen production with semiconductor metal oxides: new directions in experiment and theory
- Ab Initio van der Waals Interactions in Simulations of Water Alter Structure from Mainly Tetrahedral to High-Density-Like
- Development of an Asymmetric Trimethylenemethane Cycloaddition Reaction: Application in the Enantioselective Synthesis of Highly Substituted Carbocycles
Swain New Books
Handbook of Green Chemistry : Edited by the inventor of the 12 principles of Green Chemistry, Paul Anastas, this multi-volume handbook is a one-stop resource covering green catalysis, green solvents, green products and green processes.
New and Notable Acquisitions
- Swain New Titles (most recent print titles)
- (compiled monthly)
Chemical & Engineering News
- Is US drone policy illegal and ill-advised?
- Permafrost microbe loves salty Arctic ‘veins’
- So, it’s not parasitic mind control?
- Can cinnamon prevent Alzheimer’s tangles?
- ‘Master switch’ may be key to brain cancer
- First boson laser could save power
- This quick visual test predicts IQ
- Citizen scientists tag bug collections online
- Lower obesity rates for kids in traditional families
- ‘Dynamo’ accounts for Sun’s weather cycle
Journal of Chemical Education
- Educational Light-POD: An Activity for Middle and High School Students To Explore the Principles of Analog Transmission Using Photoacoustic Modulation of Fluorescence
- Why Are Some Reactions Slower at Higher Temperatures?
- Measuring Learning Gains in Chemical Education: A Comparison of Two Methods
- Flow Chemistry in Undergraduate Organic Chemistry Education
- “Molecules-in-Medicine”: Peer-Evaluated Presentations in a Fast-Paced Organic Chemistry Course for Medical Students
Journal of Chemical Health and Safety
- An examination of injuries and respiratory irritation symptoms among a sample of undergraduate chemistry students from a Public Northeastern University
- L.A.ColeN.D.ConnellLocal Planning for Terror and Disaster: From Bioterrorism to Earthquakes2012John Wiley and Sons274 pages + Index. $99.95. ISBN 978-1-118-112861-1
- Exactly right (a tale of three chemists)
- Upcoming events
- Net Loss: How We Continually Forget What the Oceans Really Used to Be Like [Excerpt]
- Is Global Warming Cooler than Expected?
- Girls Who Are Sexually Abused More Likely to Start Using Substances before Age 10
- 3-D Printed Windpipe Gives Infant Breath of Life
- Studies Cast Doubt on Cancer Drug as Alzheimer's Treatment