Reaxys Replaces Crossfire
- Please note that access via Crossfire ended on December 31, 2010.
- Reaxys, a web-based interface, contains the Beilstein, Gmelin, and Chemistry Patent databases as a merged file. Reaxys is already available at Stanford.
- Download CrossFire Commander (free registration required)
- via Reaxys
- CrossFire for Excel (zip file)
Handouts and Guides
- Beilstein and Gmelin Databases Search Help (from Univ. Wisconsin)
- CrossFire Beilstein Fact Searching (from Univ. Chicago)
- CrossFire Beilstein Structure Searching (from Univ. Chicago)
- Beilstein and Gmelin Aids (from Clearinghouse Chem Info Instruct Materials)
Tutorials and Training
- Mimas CrossFire Documentation
Includes training material, introductory and advanced tutorials, user guides, and manuals.
Documentation and Manuals
Selected Books and Videos at Stanford
- The Beilstein Online Database: Implementation, Content, and Retrieval. Stephen R. Heller, editor. American Chemical Society, 1990. (ACS Symposium Series; 436). Swain QD257.7 .B39 1990
- The Beilstein System: Strategies for Effective Searching. Stephen R. Heller, editor. Washington, D.C.: American Chemical Society, 1998. Swain QD 257.7 .F394 1998
- How to Use Beilstein: Beilstein Handbook of Organic Chemistry. Frankfurt/Main: Beilstein Institute; New York: distributed by Springer-Verlag, . Swain Reference QD251.B43 H6
- TYPIX: Standardized Data and Crystal Chemical Characterization of Inorganic Structure Types. 8th Edition. Berlin; New York: Springer-Verlag, 1993-1994. 4 v. (Gmelin handbook of inorganic and organometallic chemistry). Swain Reference QD151 .G52
- Beilstein Information system. Mannheim, RNF Studios, 1991. 1 Videocassette (12 minutes). Swain Reserves. Ask at circulation desk.
- Describes production and use of the printed Beilstein handbook and Supplements (1779–1979, 380 v.), the Beilstein database 1980– and the Beilstein Current facts on CD-ROM to obtain information on the preparation and properties of organic compounds
- Gmelin Handbook of Inorganic Chemistry. [New York, N.Y.: Springer Verlag, 1990] 1 videocassette (16 min.). Swain Reserves. Ask at circulation desk.
- History and description of the handbook including present compilation and editing methods. Describes the GFI Databank (the Gmelin online databank) and the Gmelin newsletter.
- Beilstein Usage Statistics: CrossFire at UW-Madison (see bottom of page)